Pics from Marine Corps Marathon

Feeling good after 26.2 miles!!
Very cool medal!
On Sunday, I completed the Marine Corps Marathon in Washington D.C. and raised over $1,000 for cancer research! My chip time was 4:15:53 and I was very happy with that, considering I wasn't able to train like I wanted to, due to injuries. The race itself was fun, the location great, and the day was absolutely perfect for running. My only complaint about the race would be that it was too crowded. It never really seemed to thin out at all and even at the finish line, I was weaving around tons of people. All in all, it was a great experience. And, oh yea, the finish was uphill! (It's all good, though...any kind of a challenge is fun to me  I even got to meet Drew Carey at the expo! (First celebrity I've ever met..lol) Now, I'm recovering and will focus on some strength training for the next few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment