Running Quotes for the Week

-"Training can get on a man's nerves. There is no use or profit in denying it" -Alf Shrubb, Winner of 20 British Running Championships between 1900 & 1920 and one of the first runners to record his training regimen in a journal. (This quote is really how I'm feeling lately!)

-"Your bound to have days when everything seems sluggish and ungainly and you'd just as soon not be training at all. That's a good time to persist." -Jim Fixx, The Complete Book of Running

My favorite all time quote (I used to have this taped to the inside of my locker):
-"A lot of people run a race to see who's the fastest. I run to see who has the most guts"
-Steve Prefontaine, Running Legend and 1972 Olympian

"On days when I can't run, I don't feel myself, and whoever the self is I feel, I don't like nearly so much as the other" -Joyce Carol Oates (I know all you runners reading this know exactly what she means :)

No comments:

Post a Comment